Ifmec Academy is established on the premises of Conference Centre Zonheuvel, Amersfoortseweg 98 in Doorn (NL). It is the place where courses are delivered, students are supervised, Conferences are held, etc. However these activities are also delivered at other places in the country and in the world, depending on circumstances.
The educational services are focussed in the first place on people working in Facility Management positions in organizations or as independent professionals. In the meantime, following strategic movements in education in the world around, these services are also open to professionals in related enabling fields (like HRM, Logistics, Finance).
Ifmec Academy offers two different options leading to recognized academic degrees:
1) The advanced post-Bachelor professionalization track, strengthening Facility Management capabilities to be prepared for growth in management positions. After graduation it is recommended to continue (directly or later) the study for one year to acquire the international MSc degree in Facility Management. Requirement for this unique education track is a relevant diploma from a Dutch University of Applied Sciences.
2) The advanced General Management track, preparing experienced Facility Managers for higher management positions (director level), in charge of strategic decisioning duties with respect to enabling leadership (in traditional terms: total support).
N.B. These advanced educational tracks are recognized by the relevant authorities, or by registration (e.g. CPION) or by accreditation, nationally and/or internationally.
The Post-Bachelor Facility Management program, covering the latest developments in facility management, is unique because it guides the students to acquire an informed policy vision of facility services in their own organization.
The curriculum encompasses the following modules:
- Recent developments in facilities management;
- Organizational culture, diagnosis and influences;
- System analysis of work processes;
- Logistics management;
- Management style;
- Political forces;
- Change Management;
- Marketing of services;
- Project management;
- Financial management;
- Policy plan facilities services.
The Post-Bachelor program is deliberately organized in such a way that it minimally harms the study-work-family balance. The graduation ceremony takes place annually in The Netherlands. After obtaining the Post-graduate diploma, it is possible to directly join the MSc. Facilities Management program (or to postpone it for some limited time). The individually best option can be discussed in advance.
Liverpool John Moores University offers a MSc FM program that is well recognized, nationally as well as internationally. The Ifmec Post-Bachelor curriculum Facility Management is accredited by the University as part of the MSc FM. The Ifmec Post-Bachelor program Facility Management fits seamlessly into the MSc-program.
The Liverpool program is designed as a distance learning system in combination with meetings in Doorn and a final meeting in Liverpool. The official language is English.
The program consists of the following modules:
- Leadership for a sustainable environment;
- Legislation, Finance and Risk;
- Managing intelligent buildings;
- and a final project: the dissertation.
The graduation ceremony takes place annually in Liverpool.
Read more: MSc. FM.
The Executive MBA (EMBA) is designed to make successfully a strategic career move to positions at strategic level, that are recognized as the general director of operations. At Ifmec we like to talk of the New Director of the Future, given the strategic developments taking place in organizations. This internationally recognized Master of Business Administration offers a relevant package of new theoretical developments blended with student experiences in their own professional life, within the broadening field of central business support.
The EMBA is focused on operating strategically in complex, dynamic environments Important aspects are thinking in terms of cohesion, methodically conducting research, developing alternatives to organizational problems and solutions. In addition to acquiring knowledge and insight, building advanced capabilities and self-reflection play an important role in the program.
The program consists of the following modules:
- Real Estate & Facility Management (among others Prof. Tucker);
- Operations Management (Prof. De Vries);
- Financial Management (Prof. Vosselman);
- Human Resource Management (Prof. Lovegrove);
- Strategic Management (Prof. Van Dalen).
The program concludes with a dissertation.
The Executive MBA is accredited by FM IPE Business School Paris. The graduation ceremony takes place annually in the Salon Hoche in Paris.
Read more: MBA.
In addition to the aforementioned educational programs with open enrolment Ifmec Academy provides customized internal educational services. May be in combination with advisory services, may be as stand-alone services. The existing programs or parts thereof can be tailored to the needs of an organization (like e.g. a program or a course on quality management or security management or project management). Or, subjects in the broad field of management sciences, not extensively covered by the existing programs (e.g. marketing of services or strategic hospitality management). In case of interest please call us or send an Email.